Armour House and Gardens at Meadowview Park
4001 Clarendon Road, Henrico, VA 23223
- The Armour House is a Victorian-style home built in 1915. The Armour family sold the property to Henrico County in 1999.
- The park grounds include a scenic walking trail, tennis courts, a Butterfly Garden, flowing fountain surrounded by arbors with blooming vines, and a children’s garden and play areas.
The Butterfly Garden
- Inspired by Master Gardener Evy Roberts in 2013. After the Henrico County Extension agent secured a place for the garden in Meadowview Park, Evy and her grandson cleared and prepared the area for planting in April 2013.
- Initial funding for the garden was provided by Henrico County Recreation & Parks and Henrico Master Gardeners.
- The garden was informally designed as it was planted by the Master Gardeners, using donated and purchased plants. The garden continues to change. Future plans include paths, more structure and signage.
- The butterfly garden is designated a Monarch Waystation – it provides the host plants (milkweed), nectar plants, and shelter for Monarchs through their cycle of reproduction and migration.
- Master Gardeners have participated in Outreach and Education programs at the Butterfly Garden, in partnership with Henrico County Recreation & Parks and Arthur Ashe Elementary School.
Scroll through gallery below to see more photos of the Butterfly Garden at Armour House: